Levoamphetamine

Levoamphetamine is a psychostimulant that can promote increased wakefulness and improved focus but is also known to suppress the appetite and aid in weight loss.  The drug is the levorotatory stereoisomer of the amphetamine molecule hence its name, levo-amphetamine.

Levoamphetamine is much weaker than dextroamphetamine but acts in a similar manner.  This drug makes up 25% of the drug Adderall while the other 75% of the drug is made up of dextroamphetamine.

Levoamphetamine Side Effects

Various side effects may occur when a user takes levoamphetamine including:

Levoamphetamine

Weight loss is common with levoamphetamine use.

  • Suppressed appetite
  • Restlessness
  • Agitation
  • Increased energy
  • Difficulty sleeping
  • Insomnia
  • Dehydration
  • Headache
  • Muscle twitch
  • Constipation
  • Weight loss
  • Altered sexual desire

If you notice any of the following serious side effects, discontinue use of levoamphetamine containing drugs immediately and contact a healthcare professional:

  • Pounding hear
  • Rapid heartbeat
  • Shortness of breath
  • Chest pains
  • Heart attack
  • Stroke
  • Convulsions
  • Dizziness
  • Confusion
  • Hallucinations
  • Auditory hallucinations
  • Psychosis
  • Blurred vision

Levoamphetamine Addiction

According to the US National Library of Medicine, while most people who become addicted to levoamphetamine are addicted to more than just this drug as most people who take this drug use it as a result of taking some combination formula such as Adderall which only contains 25% levoamphetamine, addiction is possible does occur.

Some of the potential signs of amphetamine addiction include:

  • Taking amphetamines to control fatigue
  • Taking more levoamphetamine than prescribed or using the drug in a way that is not prescribed
  • Taking amphetamines to stay awake
  • Using amphetamines despite known problems that the drug use is causing in relationships or other daily life matters
  • Spending time “on the hunt” for amphetamines rather than doing things that you once enjoyed
  • Using amphetamines despite financial or legal trouble caused by amphetamine use
  • Allowing amphetamine use to interfere with your life in any way

Is Levoamphetamine Dangerous?

Lovoamphetamine Addiction Treatment

If you or someone you know is addicted to levoamphetamine such as Adderall or some other amphetamine containing drug, call our helpline today at 800-768-8728 to talk with a counselor.  We can help you find local addiction treatment that will provide you with a safe, clean environment where you can get support, counseling and treatment for this devastating condition.  Amphetamines do not have to run your life—addiction treatment is readily available to help you get past levoamphetamine addiction and move on with a drug free lifestyle.

Featured Treatment Centers


Get Help Today

Call or chat now with one of our treatment specialists 24/7 or use the form to send us your information and we'll reach out to you.

Request Contact

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Pin It on Pinterest

Shares