Professional addiction rehab is necessary if you have been abusing amphetamines extensively and/or for a long period of time. Fortunately, your insurance plan can help pay for your addiction treatment. To find a rehab center that will take your insurance and provide the options you need, call 800-768-8728 now.
Mental Health as an Essential Health Benefit
The passing of the Affordable Care Act has caused many changes to how Americans are able to obtain healthcare, one of which involves treatment for addiction.
According to the Office of National Drug Control Policy, “The ACA includes substance use disorders as one of the ten elements of essential health benefits,” meaning “all health insurance sold on Health Insurance Exchanges or provided by Medicaid to certain newly eligible adults starting in 2014 must include services for substance use disorders.”
Your health insurance plan should cover either all or part of your amphetamine addiction treatment costs, depending on your specific amount of coverage and your particular needs.
How Can I Find out What Is Covered by My Plan?
Call your insurance company and discuss your needs with them. Be sure to ask certain questions like:
- What is the most my plan is able to cover?
- Are options like medication, behavioral therapy, drug testing, home visits, family therapy, and others included?
- Do I need to visit my primary care physician before I can receive coverage for my addiction treatment?
- Is there anything else I need to do before my coverage goes into effect?
It is important to understand what you plan covers, but it is also absolutely necessary to be aware of your needs as an individual and a patient. Ask yourself:
- Do I need inpatient or outpatient rehab?
- Do I need to attend treatment with a bilingual staff?
- Do I need treatment for a comorbid disorder?
- Do I need a safe place to recover?
- Do I need other options for my treatment plan that are not provided by every facility?
These questions are just as important to ask, as your coverage and your needs may not perfectly fall in line. If you require certain options that go beyond what your insurance company is able to cover, it is still important to seek out these methods, as one’s health should never be solely dictated by cost.
Where Can I Find Rehab Centers That Will Take My Insurance?
Call 800-768-8728 today to find safe, reliable treatment programs that provide program lengths and treatment options tailored to each patient’s needs. We can also match you with a facility that will take your insurance in order to ensure that at least part of your rehab will be covered by your plan.
Amphetamine addiction is a serious problem that, as long as it continues, puts an individual in more danger of severe psychological and physical side effects, risky behaviors, and even deadly overdose (Center for Substance Abuse Research). It is important to seek help immediately if you have been abusing amphetamines in order to find the treatment you need and begin your recovery.